Copyright Information for Kevin Block Photography
All images created by Kevin Block Photography and it's parent 2 Block Photography, LLC (an Idaho Limited Liability Corporation) are copyrighted and licensed for the use of our clients. We use multiple types of licenses, Standard Copyright - All Rights Reserved for most of our images, and selectively use Creative Commons Copyright Licenses. Note that Creative Commons licensing, is NOT Public Domain.
All Images will have the applicable copyright license use embedded in the IPTC Metadata section of the digital image file.
It is important for you to understand what license rights you have obtained with your images which can be found in your Photography Services Contract, or as displayed at the time you purchase or download an image from our website. If you are not sure, or need clarification, send an email to us at email@example.com
Copyright violations are enforceable and punishable under US Federal Copyright law. We will pursue action against violations of our copyrighted images.
The types of copyrights we use - again, check your services contract for details
Copyright - All Rights Reserved - This type of copyright on our images means we own the copyright for the images and will license them to you for specific use. We normally use this type of license for wedding photography, and grant a perpetual license for non-commercial personal use to the bride & groom and their heirs, which also allows printing. We may also license the images we produce for commercial purposes as well.
Creative Commons Licensing - This type of copyright allows our images to be used more broadly, subject ro the restrrictions of Creative Commons licensing definitions. Below is a summary of the types of Creative Commons licensing we may use. Remember, the applicable copyright license used for our images is embedded in the IPTC Metadata section of the digital image file.
Basically, There are six types of Creative Commons Licensing:
1. Attribution CC-BY - This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials.
2. Attribution ShareAlike CC-BY-SA - This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon our work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit us and license their new creations under the identical terms. All new works based on ours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia and similarly licensed projects.
3. Attribution-NoDerivs CC BY-ND - This license allows for redistribution, commercial and non-commercial, as long as it is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to us.
4. Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC - This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon our work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge us and be non-commercial, they don’t have to license their derivative works on the same terms.
5. Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike CC BY-NC-SA - This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon our work non-commercially, as long as they credit us and license their new creations under the identical terms.
6. Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND - This license is the most restrictive of the CC six main licenses, only allowing others to download our works and share them with others as long as they credit us, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially. When we use Creative Commons Licensing for Wedding and Family photos, we will normally use this license.